A new app for the iPhone allows you to take better photos at night. It’s called NightCap and it actually changes the amount of exposure time when taking a photo with your iPhone. The default exposure time for your iPhone’s camera is just 1/20 of a second. NightCap changes this to a full second so more light can reach the camera’s photo sensors.
NightCap is available now from the iTunes store for $0.99. It will work on iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, and iPod Touch 4th Generation and requires iOS 5.0 or higher.
I’m sure you all know how frustrating it is to walk out of a store or restaurant and have absolutely no idea where you parked your car. I’ve done this too many times to count..
Now there’s help. A project by Kickstarter, called Find My Car Smart, helps you find your car using Bluetooth 4.0 technology. All you have to do is download the app for $0.99 and buy the USB-based Bluetooth proximity adapter. The adapter plugs into your 12-volt outlet and once you plug it in, you don’t have to do anything. It automatically remembers your parking spot.
Unfortunately, this product is in the process of being produced right now. The company says it won’t start selling the adapter devices until they meet their funding goal. They predict they will start production in January.
Alongside the announcement of the iPhone 4S was the introduction of the white iPod Touch 4th Generation. It has the same dimensions and everything as the black iPod Touch 4th Generation. When you purchase it, it comes set up with iOS 5, giving you over 200 new features to play with. You can read about some of the new features in the post titled “iOS 5.”
You can get your hands on a white iPod Touch today! The 8GB touch is $199, the 32 GB touch is $299, and the 64 GB touch is $399 at the Apple Store. Also, if y buy a new iPod now, you can get two lines of free engraving AND free shipping!
Remember to get insurance for all your Apple devices with Worth Ave. Group!
Apple introduced the much-anticipated iPhone 4S on October 4, 2011. Many rumors were swirling around it, saying it was going to be the iPhone 5, and that it was going to have many physical and internal changes. They were right about the internal changes, but that’s all. The iPhone 4S has the same dimensions as the iPhone 4, but has many new features the iPhone 4 doesn’t have.
One new feature is Siri. You can ask Siri to make calls, send texts, add reminders to your calendar, and much more. All you have to do is talk. Another feature is dual A5 core chips. They make everything faster and more efficient. The camera is also better than the one on the iPhone 4. It’s 8 megapixels and it shoots 1080p HD video. The iPhone 4S runs iOS 5, which was the subject of the previous post, so it runs all the things talked about it that post, too!
These are just a few of the new things on the iPhone 4S. If you want to see more, go to Apple’s website and check it out!
Apple has released the new iOS 5 operating system for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. They have added over 200 new features for this update. Here are just a few:
- Notification Center: You can get notifications from so many different apps- and it’s so annoying when you’re in the middle of something and a notification comes up on your screen and interrupts what you were doing. Well now, with the new notification center, you won’t have to worry about that anymore. With iOS 5, when you receive a new notification, it shows as a banner at the top rather than in the middle of the screen (unless you like it that way- you can choose in Settings). Also, when you decide you want to look at your new notifications, all you have to do is swipe down from the top of any screen and you’ll enter the Notification Center.
- iMessage:This is a new messaging service that allows you to send unlimited messages to any other iDevice that is running iOS 5. iMessage is built in to the messaging app, so you can send anything you would normally be able to send with your iPhone- texts, pictures, videos, and more! You can track the messages you send, and you can even start a conversation one one of your iDevices and finish the conversation on another.
- Newsstand: With this new feature, you can have all your subscribed newspapers and magazines in one place. You even get notifications when a new copy hits your newsstand. There’s also a new section of the app store dedicated to magazines and newspapers just for this app.
- Reminders: Here is a great app for all of you who can’t remember anything (like me). The reminders app allows you to make lists of things or have reminders that show the date they need to done. And get this- reminders can be location-based, which means that if you put in your reminders list not to forget to buy milk when you go to the grocery store, you’ll get an alert as soon as you pull in to the parking lot of the grocery store.
- Twitter: Sign in to Twitter one time in Settings, and you’ll be able to tweet from just about anywhere! You can tweet from Safari, Photos, Camera, YouTube, or Maps. It’s just that easy.
- Camera: With the new camera features, you’ll be able to take pictures more easily and quickly. If you’re in a hurry to take a picture, all you have to do is press the unlock button at the top and the camera is available from the lock screen. You now can also take pictures using the volume up button.
- Photos: With iOS 5, you can edit the photos you’ve taken. You can eliminate red-eye, crop a photo, or auto-enhance a photo. You can even organize your photos into albums right from your device.
- Safari: iOS 5 has new safari features, as well. Reading List is one of them. All you have to do is tap the Action button while Safari is open and tap Add to Reading List. All the interesting websites you wanted to look at earlier in the day, but you just didn’t have time, are all waiting for you in the Reading List. Safari now has tabbed browsing for iPad, just like on a computer.
- PC Free: This one is pretty amazing to me. You no longer have to have a computer to set up or update your iDevices. You can download software updates and do more with your apps all without using a computer.
- iCloud: iCloud takes your music, photos, and everything else and wirelessly puts them on your other devices. Anything you do one one device will automatically go to the others. How handy.
This list is just a few of the new features for iOS 5! Go to Apple’s website to check out more. And remember- if you need insurance for any of your devices, be sure to check out Worth Ave Group’s policies!
The FBI has just released an app called Child ID. This app would come in handy if you child would ever happen to be missing. According to an FBI press release, the app “provides a convenient place to electronically store photos and vital information about your children so that it’s literally right at hand if you need it. You can show the pictures and provide physical identifiers such as height and weight to security or police officers on the spot. Using a special tab on the app, you can also quickly and easily e-mail the information to authorities with a few clicks.”
This app not only holds important information about the user’s child or children, it also gives a list of tips that you could follow if your child goes missing. Hopefully you’ll never have to use this app, but this app could save precious time if your child disappears.
The Child ID app is available for download here for free.
For just $1.99, you can have one of the greatest tools to help you quit smoking! A new iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad application is available that can aid you in this difficult process. The app, Quit Forever, was created by the University of Tennessee Health Science Center based on other stop-smoking programs that the developers know are successful.
When you download the app, it first asks you if you’d like to quit smoking cold turkey or if you would like to quit gradually. It then asks what day you want to quit smoking. After that, depending on how you’re quitting, the app will make you a schedule of how many cigarettes you can smoke per day (if any) and gives you a list of things you need prepare yourself for, like tension and cravings. The app also helps smokers identify triggers and provides information on medications that will help you quit, and it also provides the numbers of free smoking hotlines.
You can look at the app online here.
Pampers has just come out with a new app for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. It’s called Hello World Baby Memories and it encourages you to take a picture of your child one time every day so you can eventually see a slideshow video of how your child has grown. You can put these pictures and videos up on Facebook and other social media sites. You can download this app for free from the app store here.
If you’re a tennis fan, then I have the perfect app for you. As you know, Wimbledon is currently going on, and if you can’t get away from the office to see the matches, this app will make it a lot easier to keep up on what’s going on with your favorite players.
As you can see from the picture, the app has many different ways to keep you updated. There’s a news section, a section that gives scores of matches that are finished and the ones that are currently going on, a schedule, video and photos, player profiles, and many more things! The app even has a place where you can listen to live Wimbledon Radio. Also, if you’re a big enough tennis fan to make the trip to England, the app offers some extra tips and knowledge to use while you’re there.
The app is available at the app store for free- so go download it now!
Does your alarm clock wake up your significant other when you wake up in the morning? Does theirs wake you? Well a great way to solve that problem is with the Lark Alarm System. The Lark Alarm System is a new type of product that only wakes one person in the morning. If you go to Lark’s website, you can read information about the product. You learn how it was created, how it works, and how to get one.
The Lark Alarm system is a “silent alarm.” Wait, what? Silent? The user of this system wears a bracelet on their arm that vibrates when the alarm is set to go off in the morning, waking only the person using it. If the person wearing the bracelet happens to take it off during the night or the battery on the bracelet dies, there’s a back up alarm that goes off like a normal alarm on your iPhone.
By downloading the corresponding app, users can view and monitor their sleep cycles. It shows how well you slept on a scale of 1-10 and it also shows how many times you woke during the night. “Giving people an understanding of how they sleep naturally motivates them to sleep better,” said Julia Hu, the creator of this product.
You can get the product online on Lark’s website today, or you can wait until June 14th and get it at any Apple store.